I saw in RV Daily Report, and followed up in the Contra Costa Times, that a man is suing Cruise America and AmeriGas because he was seriously burned while filling a rental motorhome at his place of business. He contends that this happened because the RV had a refrigerator burner and ignition directly above the tank filler valve.
The incident took place at Tioga Gas Mart, owned by the family, so he probably had taken courses and gotten certified in filling propane. However, the burner should not have been on if the propane was off. Was the propane turned off and the refrigerator off? Those details are not covered in the article. I'm not a propane expert, but I would think that it would not have been possible for the propane to ignite had these procedures been followed.
In any case, let this serve as a reminder that propane is very flammable. Make sure the valve is turned off, appliances are off and that you are outside your RV when propane is being dispensed. Jaimie Hall Bruzenak