The California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds issued a reminder to campground owners to alert their campers if there are bugs, snakes, plants or even bears that might cause a problem. Since not all owners think about that, RVers and campers would be wise to ask about these things when they stay at a park - especially if someone in the party has allergies to stings.
Bites from mosquitoes and ticks can cause disease. Poisonous snakes don't always have venom in their bites, but who wants to take a chance? Poison ivy, poison oak, nettles and some other plants cause discomfort; some individuals have very severe reactions to being touched or being around smoke where a plant has been burned. And, of course bears (and even racoons) can be destructive if food is left out.
Yes, a campground owner or government entity should warn you, but best to be proactive. Find out what you need to protect yourself and do it. Sprays, lotions, long pants and long-sleeved shirts are easy precautions. Keep a clean campsite and that too can avoid problems with critters as well as ants.
Camping or parking your RV in the outdoors is great fun. Keep it that way! Jaimie Hall Bruzenak